Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lucky vs Unlucky

I often think that I am a lucky person, as often as I think that I am an unlucky person. Both of these thoughts come alternately time after time depends on the situation I'm going through at that moment. When I remember about my family, sometimes I think that I'm very unlucky from having such  an unusual condition to explain to everyone -- about my dad, about my mom's new life, about how I'm dealing with that situation. I often feel tired to live in this situation, to get involved in lies, many lies. In spite all of that, I'm also being reminded about how lucky I am to have three sisters that stick to each other and still give me good lessons in every aspects of life --education, attitude, love life. They are my role model. My dad and my mom also still give those lessons, too, and I want to be like (some part of) them. I want to be smart, principal, and articulate like my dad. I want to be loving, caring, cheerful, and tough like my mom. I believe that nobody's perfect so I just pick some good things from my parents and my sisters and try to be like that in accordance with my ability. This condition of life gives me strength and willingness to learn and try. I don't know if I weren't given this kind of life, I will be this kind of person or not. Again, I feel lucky and unlucky at the same time.

A year ago, I just gotten into second year of college and I met a lot of new seniors in my department. There is one senior I knew and I really feel lucky to met and knew this person very well. He is now my boyfriend. The first time I knew him, I really don't know what he is like or what he likes or what his skills or whatever. I knew him and I like him through his personality and after chit-chat from time to time, I found out that he is smart, has a lot --a lot-- of skills. And later, I also found out that he is wise and mature enough in dealing with kinds of situation, like relationship and stuff about school, and that makes me like him more. He is also wise enough in facing my family situation, although one time he feel tired and confused and ever thought to break up with me, which he didn't do. His point of view widens mine, makes me feel enlightened. In spite all of his negativity, he still makes me feel lucky to know him. There are so much things to be learned from him. He doesn't focused only for our relationship, but he also encourages me to be a better person and try new things that improves the quality of myself. He always wants me to be progressive. By this far,  I feel very, very, lucky to have this person in my life.

All of those things bring me to the conclusion that all things that happen, the "lucky vs unlucky" things, are there to be thankful for. God given me this life to make me strong, educated, and progressive. And I'm grateful for what God has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment